Friday, February 24, 2006

Places...

That title has nothing to do with anything I have to say but for some reason my mouth is really enjoying the word "places" today. It rolls nicely...

So I'm currently listening to one of the 5 CDs I have to review by tomorrow. A band called Venice Is Sinking. They're a really good shoegazer-ish band. They sound a bit like Slowdive, which is a good thing. I'm not looking forward to listening to some of the others. I must though, for Skratch Magazine depends on me to be honest, unbiased, and on time with my reviews. My last batch wasn't very uplifting. I wasn't too stoked on any of the albums. This batch has been good so far. This CD is good and there's another one from a band called Dirty On Purpose that's really good. Kinda like The Cure and Stars and a few other bands mixed together. Chick singer. Good stuff. The arrival of these CDs really made my week though. I was beginning to think I'd never write again but then, right when I had given up all hope, a new batch arrived in my mailbox. God--and Skratch magazine's press team--works in mysterious ways. Not that I'm complaining...

Today, as you may know, is Cheese Friday. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling very Cheesy. Sorry Guy. The spirit has left me. I think this Friday was a long time coming and I'm just beat to hell right now. The Reggie show tonight should be fun, though more than anything I'm just looking forward to hanging out with Lindsay and knowing she's having a good time. I've got kind of a disjointed weekend ahead of me as well but it'll be ok. Hopefully I'll be able to cheer my Grandma up. She needs me. I must come through. I will...

Back to work. What a shame...

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Mr. DNA said...

Come on, you got to feel it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home